Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Speaking of Blogging

I thought today's discussion about video blogging and the apparent randomness to YouTube celebrity was really interesting. I actually meant to blog last night about it, but I guess Cohen beat me to the punch. Anywho, I was just browsing YouTube because I decided that I deserved to procrastinate some more and I saw a video posting featured by YouTube's homepage.  Skitzo. To my disbelief, the posting has more than 2 million hits. I just found the video completely unfunny. 

   Then I noticed on the guy's homepage that he was friends with KevJumba. I like KevJumba. I think he is interesting and a great video blogger. Also, he also has made a real success of his work. KevJumba was networked with a bunch of these YouTube celebrities and it turns out they often hang out and network with each other! That blew my mind. 

   The real point of this is there IS a method to the madness. A friend of KevJumba, WongFu productions  posted a video blog about the method of video blogging. I found this really interesting and I think anyone else interested in video blogging and building a web profile in general would find this video useful. In case you are curious who these guys are, combined between KevJumba, Happyslip, and Wong Fu, their channel views together total more than 40 million views.


Video Blogging Secrets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment